You must contact the court before the day of your scheduled hearing to request a reset. You must sign for your new court date, so you must either come to the court in person or be at a fax machine where you can receive, complete, and return your reset notice.
You must submit in writing your reason for continuance and submit it to the Judge no later than the day before your trial date. Your request must include a phone number that you can be reached at so that the court can advise you of the Judge's decision. The judge will make a decision whether or not to grant the continuance.

You may request a continuance for the following reasons:
  1. A religious holy day where the tenets of your religious organization prohibit members from participating in secular activities such as court proceedings (you must file an affidavit with the court stating this information)
  2. that you feel it is necessary for justice in your case