- To pay your library fine, you must know how much you owe. If you do not remember your library card number, please continue to step 5. If you know your number but not the amount of the fine to be paid, continue to step 2. (Please note that staff is not allowed to give out customer information over the phone. Thank you.)
- Log into your library account.
- Click on "My Account". Fines will be displayed at the top of the account summary.
- Note the type of transaction and amount to be paid. (If you want to make partial payments on accounts, please indicate in the notes. Thank you.)
- Select the transaction below and click "Pay Now".
- Enter your credit card information and submit payment. All payments must be over $5.00 and will be processed through PayPal.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does online payment work?
The library offers users the ability to pay their fines by accessing their library card account online. During the fine payment process, the user enters or reviews her/his name, address, email address, credit card number, expiration-date and card security number into the online form. NO credit card data is received or retained by the Library. The Library records the amount paid in the Library system and immediately credits the user’s library account with the payment.
- Will my payment information be stored at the library?
No. Payment information is never stored by the library.
- Is there a minimum amount I have to pay?
There is a $5 minimum for credit card transactions. There is not a minimum for cash or check.
- Can I pay only a part of my fines?
Yes. You can select the fines you wish to pay. Your account will not be in good standing until the entire fine is paid however.
- What type of payments do you accept online?
We accept Visa, MasterCard (including debit cards with those logos), and Discover.
- How long does it take before the payment shows up in my account?
Transactions are processed immediately and will be applied to your library account after notification the payment was successful. Within the My Account function, select the Fines tab and you will see the total adjustment for your payment when it is processed.
- Is there a charge to me to use this service?
At this time, there are no service charges to pay fines or fees online.
- What computers in the Library can I use to pay online?
Any public computer, including the Online Catalog computers and Internet/Express computers can be used for this purpose.
- Who is actually processing the credit/debit card transaction?
The library uses a service provided by PayPal to handle the online transactions. You do not need to have a PayPal account in order to use this service; it is handled like any other online purchase that uses a credit or debit card as payment.
- Is my information secure?
The data in your payment form is encrypted before being sent to the processing vendor, PayPal, which conducts the financial transaction. The library payment site is protected by an SSL site certificate, which ensures you that you are really dealing with the Huntsville Public Library when you pay your fines online.