The City of Huntsville has been actively monitoring the Coronavirus outbreak and want to assure our citizens that we are prepared to respond appropriately.
The City of Huntsville has been actively monitoring the Coronavirus outbreak and want to assure our citizens that we are prepared to respond appropriately. Listed below are some of the ways we have prepared, as well as recommendations for our citizens:
- City officials (elected, city management, public safety, emergency management) are participating daily in conference calls and meetings with County Emergency Management officials and Statewide Emergency Management officials to receive updates and guidance during this evolving situation. Our key employees are receiving on-going training related to this virus.
- The City has ordered a declaration of local disaster to allow the City to activate emergency plans, as well as designate eligibility for any potential federal or state reimbursement should that become available. This declaration is posted on HuntsvilleTX.gov.
- The City is reviewing all currently scheduled City-sponsored events and meetings to determine continuation based on the size of the gathering and encourage other organizations to review their upcoming events as well.
- The City has requested additional protective equipment for first responders from the state to ensure the health and safety of our citizens and employees.
- The City is reviewing all City facilities to determine any changes that could assist in limiting citizen or employee exposure to the virus.
And finally, the City encourages citizens to follow the guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS). The link to these two agencies is posted online at HuntsvilleTX.gov. If you do have any symptoms of this virus, please contact your local health provider immediately for guidance.