News Flash Home
The original item was published from 2/19/2020 10:20:49 AM to 11/18/2020 4:43:20 PM.
Posted on: January 30, 2020
[ARCHIVED] Best Practices for Small Businesses
- Give customers a reason to visit your store. The Huntsville Main Street Program, Huntsville Walker County Chamber of Commerce, and many others host a variety of events in or near downtown Huntsville. We work hard to get the community and tourists to visit downtown, but we can’t make them walk in your doors or make a purchase. Open your front door on a sunny day when the weather is nice, play upbeat music, or have snacks or candy available for customers . Make the environment of your store a space that people can enjoy and be comfortable.
- Create open dialogue with your customers. It’s amazing the things you can learn by just having a conversation with your customers. Ask them how they found out about your business and you’ll gain insight on what advertising works best for you. Is there something specific your customer is looking for? Maybe you can help them find something specific or point them in the direction of another small business.
- Be easy to find online. Whether it’s social media or a direct website, your business should be easy to find online. Check out our other blog on how to create your Google Business Page.
- Be open and have consistent store hours. Customers can’t visit your business if you aren’t open! Crazy concept, I know! Businesses that are open often and have consistent hours are going to be more successful than a business that is constantly changing their hours or never open. Make your hours known and keep them updated on your website, social media, and Google Business Page.
- Tell your story. People like to support small businesses because they know they are supporting a friend, a neighbor, or a community member. Tell your customers who you are, why you opened your business. Get to know your customers and let them get to know you! Build relationships!