Zoom Virtual Appearance
Texas courts are mandated by the state Office of Court Administration to make all reasonable efforts to hold hearings virtually, via ZOOM teleconferencing software on a computer or smart device. The Huntsville Municipal Court is now holding these remote hearings via ZOOM. ZOOM is free to use and easy to operate. See Technology Requirements below.
Attorneys should be corresponding directly with prosecutors rather than appearing virtually. A defendant must (1) appear for the Zoom meeting (including checking in with court staff or the Judge in the main meeting) AND either resolve their case or submit a properly completed, signed reset to the court to avoid failing to appear.
If you intend to offer any exhibits or evidence during a hearing, you need to email them (1) all parties and (2) the court at email@example.com no later than 4pm the day before the hearing. The subject of the email should be the full cause number. The documents must be in a PDF format. The court may not consider any exhibits/evidence not emailed to the court in a timely manner.
Virtual Courtrooms are the same as Actual Courtrooms
ALL THE SAME RULES AND PROCEDURES APPLY
Technology Requirements to Appear virtual:
- A device capable of accessing an internet connection (PC, MAC, Smart Phone, Tablet, etc.) that is equipped with audio/video capabilities.
- A fast and stable internet connection
- A working email address; you may need to email images or documents for the Judge’s review.
- You will be required to provide the court with a working email address and mobile phone number to ensure future successful contact with the court.
- If participating from a smart device, you will need to download and install the Zoom app from either the Google Play Store or Apple's App Store. The app is free to download and free to use.
ZOOM MEETING ID 892 444 2490
Join link: https://txcourts.zoom.us/j/8924442490
Scheduled ZOOM meeting information:
If you are unable to attend your hearing virtually or would like to discuss options for handling the case prior to court, you may contact the court at (936)291-5476 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not have access to the internet you can participate by telephone by calling (346)248-7799 and entering Meeting ID 892 444 2490.
To schedule a court hearing, contact court staff at 936-291-5476.
Instructions For Virtual Hearing
To participate in a virtual hearing, you MUST have a virtual hearing scheduled with the court to access your hearing. If you have not scheduled a virtual hearing, you will need to do so. Once this is scheduled, you will be able to access it. Please be patient; you may have a considerable wait time.
This is a virtual courtroom; however, proper courtroom etiquette and attire are to be followed or your hearing will be terminated.
Instructional video: https://youtu.be/-s76QHshQnY
To Join The Meeting:
- Go to www.Zoom.us
- Click “Join Meeting”
- Change display to reflect your first and last name
- Click “Join with internet audio” button
- If you see the " / " through the microphone symbol in the bottom left corner, click on the symbol to be heard.
- If you see a " / " symbol through the video camera in the bottom left corner, click on the symbol to be seen.
To join a breakout room:
- Once you receive a pop-up notification to join a breakout room, you must click the blue “join” button.
- Once you are ready to leave the breakout room, hit the blue “leave” button.
- If you choose the option to “leave meeting” you will be disconnected from the call.
- If you choose the option to “leave the breakout room” you will be placed back into the main room with the Court Clerk, Judge, or Prosecutor.
- To rejoin a 2nd time, click the “breakout room” option and rejoin.
After your hearing has ended:
You will be required to sign the court paperwork and get it back to us within a reasonable time frame (usually by the end of business day).
If Deferred Disposition or Driver's Safety Course is ordered, you will be required to submit your driver's license and auto insurance card via email at email@example.com or by fax at (936) 295-8097. You will also be required to submit the applicable payment due immediately by calling the Court at (936) 291-5476 unless otherwise ordered by the Judge.
If a payment plan is ordered, you will be required to make the initial payment owed immediately after your virtual hearing by calling the Court at (936) 291-5476 unless otherwise specified by the Judge.